Authors for Literacy 2022 was a triumph! Finally, after several delays and date changes, we could enjoy an evening with Delia Owens. Her keynote was terrific!
She also spent time doing a Q&A and signed copies of Where the Crawdads sing for folks.
The Fund-A-Need auction raised over $37,000! If you were there, THANK YOU! There is still time to contribute!
Our core values
- We believe the pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong journey for our students, tutors, staff, board, and community.
- We offer transformative learning experiences to people of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities.
- We believe individuals have the power to reach their own potential through teaching, learning, and community involvement.
- We trust and believe in our students when they share their experiences, goals, insights, and vision.
- We co-create learning environments where the dignity, worth, and complexity of each person is honored.
Equity and Justice
- We believe access to lifelong quality education is the cornerstone of a more just and equitable society.
- We commit to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and recognize that racism is a major barrier to achieving a community where literacy is accessible to all.
- We serve as equal partners with students, tutors, staff, and board to help students reach their goals.
Leadership and Innovation
- We respond to a changing landscape, creating new pathways for groups and individuals to reach their full potential.
- We initiate collaboration in a nonpartisan manner to engage the community in advocating for the change required to create a more literate Buncombe County.
- We commit to the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, and integrity in all individual, business, and community interactions.