The heart of our mission
As we move into our 35th year, with a new name and fresh momentum for our mission, we appreciate
your partnership more than ever. We are poised to do more of what we do best – transforming lives and
communities through the power of literacy.
With your support, we are already serving more individuals than at this time last year.
• Total number served: over 200 students and over 4,200 monthly children’s book recipients
• New Citizens: 7 so far this program year (July 1 to June 30)
• Volunteer tutor orientations: 13, with 158 total attendees
• Volunteer tutor training classes: 12
• New volunteer tutors: 134
And we still have a full quarter to go!
As part of the new 5 -year strategic plan, we will continue to grow and strengthen our core programs
in Adult Literacy, English for Speakers of Other Languages, Youth Literacy, and Dolly Parton’s
Imagination Library®. As resources permit, we will incorporate new components in health literacy, digital
literacy, and family literacy into our work.
Together we can create a more literate, equitable, healthy, and vibrant community.
Your donation makes the difference.
86.3% of expenses go directly to program services*
*Includes the value of contributed services according to audited 2019-2020 financial statements.